Monday, June 1, 2009

Nawt Hawt: Non-Prescription Glasses


There are some things I'll never understand, why people, excuse me, let me rephrase that, why hipsters wear over-sized glasses they don't need, is one of them. I mean, do you really desire a visual impairment? Is that what you want? When my youngest sister was really young she would always say, "I want braces, boobs, babies and glasses." She got two of those. Fortunately she doesn't have any babies (She's 18) and she never needed glasses, but she always wore them when she played dress up.

I'm not just rambling. I'm not just picking on hipsters again. I'm just making a point. Be yourself. If you don't need glasses, don't wear them. It's not a very difficult concept. I know, I know, Kanye West rocks fake glasses, Lil' Wayne does too. As does the "We only own flannel shirts and ride pixies" gang. Girls do it, guys do it and surprise, surprise they all look like ignoramuses. It makes no sense. For those of us who actually do have to wear REAL glasses, I think we'd all agree that it's an absolute thrill to get up in the morning and not be able to see across the room. You really want glasses? Stop eating your carrots.

Listen, we understand if you just can't stop wearing fake glasses, sometimes it feels good to act and look like a fool, but Nawt or Hawt has come up with some ways to ween you off the non-prescription glasses trend.

1. Wear a clear, plastic face mask like NBA players choose wear after they break their nose.
2. Wear a football helmet or hockey helmet.
3. Wear a pair of soccer goalie gloves.
4. Wear your baseball mitt to class or work.
5. Use a cane or a walker to walk.
6. Wear a pair of corrective shoes or clodhoppers.
7. Wear a back brace.
8. Wear a knee brace
9. Go to the doctor, get a cast on your arm, leg or hand.
10. Get a fake hearing aid.

Honestly, it's really going to be about fake hearing aids. Ultimately, they are going to be the next fake glasses trend. Start out with just one, but if you're really feeling ambitious, get two of them, one for each ear.

Fake hearing aids are going to be as hip as your coxal bone.
Maybe Kanye will pick it up, maybe Lil' Wayne will give it a go. Don't be apprehensive, you're going to look a lot cooler than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment